Sunday, June 23, 2013

Mobile Moments, 6/17- 6/23

What a week it's been! My father is now officially a Deacon in the Archdiocese of Washington, my brother, sister-in-law, and their adorable son have come and gone from out-of-state, and my family and I are all thoroughly exhausted from all of the excitement. It's been a wonderful weekend, but I'll be looking forward to a little normalcy with the coming of the new week.

Hopefully, in that time I can catch up on sorting through the backlog of photos I took over the past couple of days.

Sisters

Stre-e-e-e-etch!

Cuddling through Curious George.



Abby's new obsession. (We're all going to miss you, Liam!)

"My name is Madeline!"

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall...


Overheard this week:

Abby

"I'll scratch you, Gracie! Just... nicely."

To Amelia, in her babytalk voice: "You're not being a fussykins-girl, no you're not! Amelia's not being a fussykins."

In response to my attempts to hum a song that was stuck in my head that I did not know all of the words to: "Sing with your mouth, Mommy."

Finally stopping and turning to me after hearing me repeatedly ask her to stop doing something, with more than a little attitude: "You're not talking to a wall!"

To basically anyone who tried to pick him up who was not an immediate family member: "Nooooo! Don't take Liam!" (Can you tell that she grew rather protective in a very short time?)

To Lisa, in reference to her boyfriend, who has accompanied her on her last several visits but was not present this evening: "Your little boy Nick is not here. Your little boy Nick is crying." (I think that's her way of saying she thinks that Nick is sad not to be here/with Lisa; Nana often tells her before leaving on Tuesdays that Papa is crying, waiting on her return.)

Michael

In response to Tom's inquiry as to whether he wanted more for dinner: "More!" (Also, on Friday, he muttered what sounded like "All done," but since he will never repeat himself it's hard to say whether that counts.)

Mia

"Zzzzzzz..." Baby Girl slept from 10:00 pm to 4:00 am on Thursday night (first time ever hitting that six-hour mark), and 9:30 pm to 5:15 am on Saturday night. Might sleeping through the night be trending in our very near future?