Sunday, July 14, 2013

Mobile Moments, 7/8-7/14

Between the on-and-off crummy weather, and some crummy-feeling days, we stayed pretty close to home this week (except for a quick excursion to get new shoes and a couple of Daddy-daughter trips to the grocery store), but enjoyed the company of family at week's end.

Trying on new shoes at the local Stride Rite.
The first outing in new sandals.

Her beautiful hair (and life's growth): always in her eyes nowadays, but I just can't bear to cut it yet.
Superseat insert, or fireman's hat?
Trying on her big sister's headgear.
Another bad teething day...
Because one barrette is not enough.
Hey Mickey- you're so fine! You're so fine, you blow my mind...
Discovering her tongue.
Fun with Papa and Nana (and their jewelry and cell phones).
Wearing her new "scarf" (a re-purposed faux fur winter coat removeable hood liner) at Trader Joe's.



Overheard this week:

Abby-

Approaching me with a book as I browse the Internet on my smartphone: "Could you put down your phone and read?"

Passing through the produce aisle of Safeway: "I like zucchini. Those zucchinis say, 'I'm delicious.'"

As Tom presents to her a potential toothbrush purchase in the Oral Care aisle, he begins to ask, "Abby, are you big enough for..."

"No. I'm little. I'm a little girl."


Michael-

As he holds a toy phone to his ear and pretends to converse on it, Tom inquires, "Michael, who are you talking to?"

"Aah-ee (Abby)." He then returns to his conversation. "Mrrm meh ih."