Sunday, September 29, 2013

Mobile Moments, 9/23-9/29

Aaahh Ba de ya - say do you remember
Ba de ya - dancing in September
Ba de ya - never was a cloudy day


Here's what I remember- of the very last week of September (I dare you not to read that in disco)...

  • Mia started sitting up, turned six months old, took her first trip to Wegmans, and figured out how her thumbs work.
  • Michael has learned to operate buckles, and is chattering away with a vengeance. The onus is now on me to better and more quickly become capable of understanding him (maybe Abby will be able to help me with this, soon).
  • Abby has begun to participate in family prayer, and is quickly mastering the art of sass. Also, she can now boast to having sat upon a horse. Some kind neighbors who often ride through the neighborhood not only let her say hello, they let her get up-close-and-personal. The experience first excited, then terrified, then saddened her (for having given it up so soon). Maybe next time, Abby, you'll give it a little more time than ten seconds or so.


Sitting-up success!

A rare shot of all three.

Fun with perspective. (Though, from Mia's expression you'd think Abby really was that much bigger.)

Less dramatic; still cute.

The Little Doll-baby Who Lived in a Shoe.

Mia's first ride on Daddy's back.

The Buckle Monster Returns (reincarnated).

Building a chair tower.

Creative reading position.

Swing time!

Aunt Lisa reads The Jungle Book.

How many friends does it take to make a lounge chair for Abby?

Super Mei Mei!

My little man: Sipping "coffee" and reading "the paper."
 
Wegmans run (where, despite her girly legwarmers, Mia was complemented as a "very handsome boy.")


When your balance is in doubt, grab a nearby sofa.

Abby's not-quite-fifteen-seconds of awesomeness up on a horse.


Overheard this week:

Abby

A propos of nothing: "Only grown-ups can call Granda 'Alan.'"

After being chided for messing with the swing adapter again: "I'm just going to fix this. It's gonna be a masterpiece!"

Random narration while engaging in imaginative play:

"A dragon tried to steal my ice cream but I took it away, and I screamed 'Really!' as I did it."

"The teapot broke and is pretending to be a monkey. The monkey's tail is pretending to be some tape. I like the tape and I'm not going to eat the tape."

Between Abby and Me

M: "Abby, it's time to take a nap."
A: "I don't wanna take a nap."
M: (Observing as she put her head down on the dining room table), "You look pretty tired..."
A: "Can I sleep here?"

Between Tom and Abby

T: "Do you know what day is your birthday in November?"
A: "Yeah."
T: "Okay, what day is it?"
A: "Ice cream cake."

Michael

"Car, bird, Wegmans, chair, pajama time, blah, help."